Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fashion, Gluten Free Carrot Cake & Fun

Last Friday night Whitby History Museum sponsored a Fashion Food & Fun night as a fundraiser. I baked my gluten free carrot cake with cream cheese frosting so that attendees who are gluten intolerant could eat without worry.

The event was a lot of fun, and along with Jane, of New Vision Nutrition, I was able to give a short talk about the gluten free diet.

Even though I thought my cake turned out a bit dry this time. Making a huge batch to feed a hundred is different than just making a regular sized cake. However, it was a hit and wheat eaters and all ate and enjoyed. I got a call the next day from a friend who took some home to her husband and he said it was the best carrot cake he had eaten, wheat or no.

The family is getting together this weekend, so I’m thinking a chocolate cake would be in order. I’ll try and get a photo of it before it is gone and post it for you.

No comments: